IN CLASS: Data Brainstorm
This is a team-based brainstorm focuses on your team's dataset. The assignment ask you to either assemble a dataset as a team or augment a publicly available dataset. Your brainstorm should consider the questions below and, when you are finished taking notes on these questions, you should submit them using the Google Form linked at the bottom of the page.
- Describe Your Dataset and How You're Assembling It or Augmenting an Existing Dataset
- Describe the Data Fields and What They Represent
- Describe Some Aspect of Your Subject Not Represented by your Dataset, and Any Negative Consequences of that Exclusion
- How Have You Decided What is Included in or Excluded from the Dataset?
- How Many Rows (Approximately) Will Your Dataset Be?
- Which Data Fields Are Most Important for Visualizations You Have Planned?
Link to Content