IN CLASS: Set up Box.com folder and sign up for Github education account
- Go to github.com and select the green "signup" button
- Use your pitt email for the account
- Follow signup directions (may require an email confirmation)
- Choose the free account option
- Once signed up, go to https://education.github.com/discount_requests/new
- Fill out the information to request an education license as a student
- Make sure you will remember your username, as you will need it for the next step
To Create and Share a Folder on Box.com
- Go to https://pitt.account.box.com/login and sign in using your Pitt credentials
- Create a Folder by clicking "New" and then selecting "Folder"
- The folder name will be [Yourlastname]_pdc-spring-2019, as in Lavin_pdc-spring-2019
- Before clicking "OK", under collaboration, paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the form field. Click "select access type" and change it to "co-owner"
NOTE: The link below will just take you to https://education.github.com/discount_requests/new
Link to Content